noun see trowel II

New Collegiate Dictionary. 2001.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • troweler — See trowel. * * * …   Universalium

  • troweler — trow·el·er …   English syllables

  • troweler — noun see trowel II …   Useful english dictionary

  • trowel — troweler; esp. Brit., troweller, n. /trow euhl/, n., v., troweled, troweling or (esp. Brit.) trowelled, trowelling. n. 1. any of various tools having a flat blade with a handle, used for depositing and working mortar, plaster, etc. 2. a similar… …   Universalium

  • trowel — I. noun Etymology: Middle English truel, from Anglo French, from Late Latin truella, from Latin trulla ladle Date: 13th century any of various hand tools used to apply, spread, shape, or smooth loose or plastic material; also a scoop shaped or… …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • troweller — See troweler. * * * …   Universalium

  • trowel — /ˈtraʊəl / (say trowuhl) noun 1. any of various tools consisting of a plate of metal or other material, usually flat, fitted into a short handle, used for spreading, shaping, or smoothing plaster or the like. 2. a similar tool with a curved,… …   Australian English dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”