Yanbu Industrial College
- Yanbu Industrial College
Yanbu Industrial College (Arabic:كلية ينبع الصناعية) is a
technical collegein Saudi Arabia. It was established in 1989 to achieve the objectives of the Royal Commission, in developing human resources and to provide the Saudi manpower with high technical education and training, so that they can properly manage the Kingdom's growing economy in its various sectors.
Yanbu Industrial College is located at the center of Yanbu Industrial City, about 350 km north of Jeddah on the Red Sea side. It is noted for its beautiful buildings and vast green surroundings. The college commitment is to provide Saudi nationals with the technical, scientific and academic skills required by the industrial and other economic sectors it serves. To meet this responsibility the College is equipped with modern instructional media such as computers, audio visual aids, well-equipped specialized laboratories and advanced technical workshops.
The fundamental objectives of Yanbu Industrial College can be summed up as follows:
1. To promote various programs of study in order to meet the industrial requirements of the Kingdom, and to provide appropriate technical specializations to cover the industrial requirements for competent manpower.
2. To provide the holders of Secondary Certificates, scientific or industrial stream, or the equivalent, with opportunities to study specialization programs in engineering technology. Also to provide holders of secondary certificates, arts, commerce or management stream, or the equivalent, with opportunities to study specialization programs in industrial management technology. Such programs are linked with the established industries in the Kingdom, particularly in Jubail and Yanbu.
3. To organize specialized training programs in technological fields for incumbent workers to develop their knowledge and skills which will enable them to operate, maintain, and effectively manage advanced equipment and systems in the industrial sectors of the Kingdom.
4. To organize public programs in fields that of interest to the local community needs.
The College academic calendar extends from September to June, comprising two semesters of 15 weeks each. The summer semester may be scheduled, however, it is usually utilized for cooperative training (industrial placement).
The students who are expected to enroll will have a false beginner-to-beginner level of English. In order to prepare them for the programs, they need to start with a foundation English language course to teach them the basics of the language. By the end of the course, they should have mastered the basic skills of the language: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. Success in this course will be a pre-requisite to the next step, which is English for Special Purpose (ESP) course with vocabulary and content focusing on the respective specialization field of the student. The nature of work that the graduates might engage in, will also determine the amount of time the language skills should receive.
Generally, the students expected in all programs are linguistically weak. They need to learn a profession, which requires some simple language skills. They will be overwhelmed by anything complicated or too sophisticated.
Departments and majors
A. Department of Chemical Engineering Technology - Process Operations and Chemical Analysis Technology
B. Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology - Electrical Power Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Instrumentation Technology - Information and Computer Technology
C. Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Technology
- Mechanical Maintenance Technology
D. Department of Industrial Management Technology
- Office Management Technology
- Materials Management Technology - Accounting and Financial Management Technology
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor of Science Degree
ACBSP granted YIC a ten year (full recognition) ACCREDITATION after a period of several months of intensive preparation, inspections and evaluation of the activities performed by its Industrial Management Department. ACCREDITATION means that the knowledge and skills provided by YIC in its Industrial Management Programs are as good as any provided in similar colleges in the U.S. and Europe.
Yanbu Industrial College is the first in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to be granted this accreditation and the Second in the GCC region.
* [http://www.yic.edu.sa/ YIC official website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Jeddah — This article is about the Saudi Arabian city. For the Australian movie, see Jedda. For the Bahraini island, see Jidda Island. City of Jeddah جدّة Jidda City … Wikipedia
Saudi Arabia — a kingdom in N and central Arabia, including Hejaz, Nejd, and dependencies. 20,087,965; ab. 600,000 sq. mi. (1,554,000 sq. km). Cap.: Riyadh. Cf. Mecca. * * * Saudi Arabia Introduction Saudi Arabia Background: In 1902 Abd al Aziz Ibn SAUD… … Universalium
List of William Pereira buildings — This is a list of buildings designed in whole or in part by architect William Pereira. They are listed by year and grouped into the three firms that Pereira belonged to. The first firm listed was based in Chicago, and the rest were in Los Angeles … Wikipedia
Dammam — الدمام Ad Dammām City Rotor Sails, Dammam … Wikipedia
Dates of 2004 — ▪ 2005 January It turns out we were all wrong, probably, in my judgment. David Kay, former U.S. chief weapons inspector in Iraq, in testimony to the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee, January 28 January 1 Haitian Pres. Jean… … Universalium
John A. Shaw — John A. Jack Shaw served as Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for International Technology Security and in a variety of other senior U.S. Government positions. Prior to his appointment by former Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, Mr. Shaw was President… … Wikipedia
Sharia — Not to be confused with Shahriyār. This article is part of the series … Wikipedia
Dhahran — This article is about Dhahran, the city. For the Saudi Aramco residential compound, see Dhahran Aramco Camp. Dhahran الظهران … Wikipedia