- List of artificial intelligence projects
The following is a list of current and past notable
* [http://www.adaptiveai.com/ a2i2 (Adaptive Artificial Intelligence Inc.)] , a private for profit venture to develop general artificial intelligence for research and commercial purposes.
AIML, an XMLdialect for creating natural languagesoftware agents.
* A.L.I.C.E., an award-winning
natural language processing chatterbot.
CALO, a DARPA-funded, 25-institution effort to integrate numerous artificial intelligenceapproaches ( natural language processing, speech recognition, machine vision, probabilistic logic, planning, reasoning, numerous forms of machine learning) into an AI assistant that learns to help manage your office environment.
* Chinook, a computer program that plays
English draughts; the first to win the world champion title in the competition against humans.
* Cog, a robot developed by
MITto study theories of cognitive scienceand artificial intelligence, now discontinued.
Cyc, an attempt to assemble an ontology and database of everyday knowledge, enabling human-like reasoning.
* Deep Blue, a chess-playing computer developed by
IBMwhich beat Garry Kasparovin 1997.
ELIZA, a famous 1966computer program by Joseph Weizenbaum, which parodied person-centered psychotherapy.
Eurisko, a language by Douglas Lenatfor solving problems which consists of heuristics, including heuristics for how to use and change its heuristics.
* [http://en.freehal.org/ FreeHAL] is a self-learning conversation simulator (
Chatbot) which uses semantic nets to organize its knowledge in order to imitate a very close human behavior within conversations.
* [http://frdcsa.onshore.net/frdcsa FRDCSA] , an attempt to package and integrate all FLOSS AI systems for Linux-based systems.
* [http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/projects/cogaff/gc/ Grand Challenge 5 – Architecture of Brain and Mind] is a UK attempt to understand and model natural intelligence at various levels of abstraction, demonstrating results in a succession of increasingly sophisticated working robots.
Hierarchical Temporal Memory, a technology by Numentato capture and replicate the properties of the neocortex.
* [http://www.andcorporation.com/frame_technology.html HNeT (Holographic Neural Technology)] , a technology by [http://www.andcorporation.com/ AND Corporation (Artificial Neural Devices)] based on non linear phase coherence/decoherence principles.
* [http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/project/ix/ I-X] , a systems integration architecture project for the creation of intelligent systems at
AIAI, University of Edinburgh.
* [http://www.infotame.com/ InfoTame] , a text analysis search engine originally developed by the
KGBfor sorting communications intercepts.
Jabberwacky, a chatterbot by Rollo Carpenter, aiming to simulate a natural human chat.
Mycin, an early medical expert system.
* [http://www.novamente.net/engine/ Novamente AI Engine] , an AI software system by Novamente with a long term focus of developing a general purpose artificial intelligence.
* [http://www.mindmakers.org/openair/airPage.jsp OpenAIR] is a routing and communication protocol based on a publish-subscribe architecture, built especially for A.I. research.
Open Mind Common Sense, a project based at the MIT Media Labto build a large common sense knowledge basefrom online contributions.
* [http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/project/oplan/ O-Plan] , a project to provide a modular and flexible planning and control system using AI, at
AIAI, University of Edinburgh.
PARRY, another early famous chatterbot, written in 1972by Kenneth Colby, attempting to simulate a paranoid schizophrenic.
* [http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/poker/ Poki] , research into computer poker by the
University of Alberta.
* [http://www.cs.duke.edu/researchers/artificial_intelligence/PAPERS/1999/aaai99-demo.pdf Proverb] , a system that can solve crossword puzzles better than most humans.
* [http://questsin.net/ Questsin] , uses
Query by Exampleand features a dictionary, knowledge base, repository, reference, and thesaurus.
RapidMiner, an environment for machine learningand data mining, developed by the Dortmund University of Technology.
* [http://www.teachrose.com/ Rose Project] , combines various learning techniques.
Synthetic Environment for Analysis and Simulations) is a model of the real world used by Homeland securityand the US Defense Department that uses simulationand AI to predict and evaluate future events and courses of action. [http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/23/sentient_worlds/ The Register] article "Sentient world: war games on the grandest scale" published June 23, 2007]
* SHIAI (Semi Human Instinctive Artificial Intelligence), an AI methodology based on the use of semi-human instincts, developed at
Islamic Azad Universityin 2004.
SHRDLU, an early natural language processing computer program developed by Terry Winogradat MIT from 1968to 1970.
* START, the world's first web-based question answering system, developed at the MIT CSAIL.
SYSTRAN, a machine translationtechnology by a company of the same name, used by Yahoo!, AltaVistaand
* [http://texai.org Texai] , an open source project to create artificial intelligence, starting with a bootstrap English dialog system that intelligently acquires knowledge and behaviors.
* [http://www.research.ibm.com/massive/tdl.html TD-Gammon] , a program that learned to play world-class
backgammonpartly by playing against itself ( temporal difference learningwith neural networks)
Virtual Woman, the oldest continuous form of virtual life — a chatterbot, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, video game, and virtual human.
* Weka, a free implementation of numerous machine learning algorithms in Java.
* [http://www.cs.cornell.edu/courses/cs478/2002sp/mllinks/interesting_ai_demos_and_project.htm Interesting AI demos and projects]
* [http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=133 SourceForge AI projects]
* [http://projects.csail.mit.edu/films/AIFilms.html Early AI projects]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.