- Midtown (band)
Midtown performing in 2000
Background information Origin Springfield, New Jersey Genres Pop punk, punk rock Years active 1998–2005 Labels Columbia, MCA, Drive Thru Associated acts Cobra Starship, Senses Fail, Band of Thieves, Humble Beginnings Website midtownrock.com Past members Gabe Saporta
Midtown was an American pop punk band from Springfield, New Jersey. Midtown was formed in November 1998 by three Rutgers University students, but soon became a quartet. The band took advantage of the fertile New Jersey punk scene to develop a sound that combined elements of pop punk and punk rock and began recording shortly after their formation. Their first EP, The Sacrifice of Life, was released by Pinball Records in 1999. Their debut album, Save the World, Lose the Girl, was released in early 2000 by the Drive-Thru Records label. The band was then upstreamed to MCA for their following album, Living Well Is the Best Revenge (2002). Their next album, Forget What You Know (2004), was produced while the band was not under contract with a record label and was later picked up by Columbia Records. This was the band's final studio album; they disbanded shortly after its release, in 2005. Former frontman Gabe Saporta is now the lead singer of alternative dance/synthpop band Cobra Starship. Former guitarist Heath Saraceno joined the band Senses Fail in 2005 but decided to leave them in 2009 to pursue personal endeavors.
- 1999 The Sacrifice of Life
- 2000 Donots vs. Midtown Split 7"
- 2001 Millencolin/Midtown Split
- Gabe Saporta - lead vocals, bass (1998–2005)
- Tyler Rann - vocals, guitar (1998–2005)
- Heath Saraceno - vocals, guitar (1998–2005)
- Rob Hitt - drums, percussion (1998–2005)
- Cobra Starship is the new project of Midtown's bassist and lead singer, Gabe Saporta. Their first single, "Bring It (Snakes on a Plane)", was featured on the soundtrack for the movie Snakes on a Plane. Their first album, While the City Sleeps, We Rule the Streets came out October 2006, their second album ¡Viva La Cobra! came out on October 23, 2007, and their third album, Hot Mess, came out on August 11, 2009.
- Heath Saraceno played guitar and shared vocal duties in the New Jersey based rock band Senses Fail until leaving the band after the 2009 Warped Tour. He and Senses Fail drummer, Dan Trapp, have a side-project called The Jettonnes.
- Rob Hitt works for Crush Management and also has a record label, I Surrender Records. He shares the label with friend, Alex Sarti, and has signed I Am The Avalanche, Four Year Strong, Valencia, and Dragonette.
- Tyler Rann sings in the band Band of Thieves.
- ^ "Interview: Cobra Starship « Change The Record". Changetherecord.net. 2009-10-12. http://changetherecord.net/2009/10/12/interview-cobra-starship-2/. Retrieved 2011-07-21.
- ^ posted July 1, 2009 (2009-07-01). "Guitarist Heath Saraceno To Leave Senses Fail (July 1, 2009) : News". PlugInMusic.com. http://www.pluginmusic.com/news/article/guitarist-heath-saraceno-to-leave-senses-fail. Retrieved 2011-07-21.
Midtown Gabe Saporta · Tyler Rann · Heath Saraceno · Rob Hitt Studio albums EPsThe Sacrifice of Life · Millencolin/Midtown Split Labels Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Midtown — ist der Name von zentralen Stadtbezirken verschiedener Städte der Vereinigten Staaten, darunter Midtown (Key West) Midtown Manhattan Orte: Midtown (North Carolina) Midtown (Tennessee) Midtown Heights (Tennessee) Sunol Midtown, Kalifornien in… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Midtown — Contents 1 Places 1.1 In cities 1.2 Other places 2 Other … Wikipedia
Midtown (banda) — Midtown Datos generales Origen New Brunswick, New Jersey … Wikipedia Español
Midtown West — 9th Avenue mit Blick auf das Time Warner Center und den Hearst Tower Hell’s Kitchen (auch Clinton oder Midtown West) ist ein Viertel im New Yorker Stadtteil Manhattan (NY). Hell’s Kitchen liegt ungefähr zwischen der 34. Straße und der 57. Straße… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Millencolin/Midtown Split — Infobox Album | Name = Millencolin/Midtown Split Type = EP Artist = Millencolin and Midtown Released = May 28, 2001 Recorded = Genre = Punk rock, pop punk Label = Golf Reviews = Chronology = Millencolin Last album = No Cigar (2001) This album =… … Wikipedia
Making the Band — Format Reality Created by Lou Pearlman Jonathan Murray Mary Ellis Bunim Andrew Marek No. of seasons 12 (four iterations with three seasons each) No. of episodes 142 total 43 (Making the Band) 33 (Making the … Wikipedia
Thursday (band) — Infobox Musical artist Name = Thursday Img capt = Thursday, from left to right: Steve Pedulla, Tom Keeley, Tucker Rule, Tim Payne, Geoff Rickly, Andrew Everding. Background = group or band Origin = New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States Genre … Wikipedia
Da Band — Origin New York City, New York Genres Hip Hop Years active 2002–2004 Labels Bad Boy (2002 2004) … Wikipedia
Valencia (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = Valencia Img capt = Valencia performing at The Berkeley Cafe in Raleigh, North Carolina on July 24, 2005 Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Genre =… … Wikipedia
Pain (American band) — Infobox musical artist Name = Pain Img capt = Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA Genre = Punk rock, Pop punk Years active = 1994 1999 Label = Springman Associated acts = URL = Current… … Wikipedia