Irish may refer to:
Ireland, an island in northwest Europe consisting of:
** Ireland, known as the
Irish Free Stateup until 1937, then the Republic of Ireland, a sovereign state covering 5/6 of the island.
Northern Ireland, a semi-autonomous region of the United Kingdom
Irish people, people of Irish ethnicity, originating from Ireland
Irish diaspora, their dispersal to other countries
Irish citizenship, citizenship of the Republic of Ireland
Irish language, a Celtic language spoken on the island of Ireland and by communities worldwide
Irish name, formal traditional Irish language names
Irish traditional music, indigenous music of Ireland
Irish Whiskeyis often referred to as simply "Irish", especially when mixing with hot drinks.
Irish army, Irish defence force first formed in 1922
* Irish culture, culture of the people living on the island of Ireland
* Irish demographics, demographic changes in Ireland since the 18 century
* Irish Gaels, pertaining to the Gaels, their language and culture.
* Irish hiberno, a form of English spoken in Ireland
* Irish history, beginning with the first known settlement in Ireland around 8000 BC, to the present day
* Irish government, the body that exercises executive authority in Ireland
Irish regiments, either from Ireland or of Irish descent who took part in world conflicts
* Irish related topics, list of articles related to the island of Ireland
People named Irish
Irish American, citizens of the United States who can claim Irish ancestry
Notre Dame Fighting Irish, the athletic teams of the University of Notre Dame, USA
William Irish, a pseudonym of Cornell Woolrich, an American writer.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.