- Madrid Barajas International Airport
] Later, an anonymous caller stated that
ETAclaims responsibility for the bombing.cite news | url = http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=newsOne&storyID=2006-12-30T104600Z_01_L30851238_RTRUKOC_0_US-SPAIN-EXPLOSION.xml&WTmodLoc=Home-C2-TopNews-newsOne-3_latest | title = Four hurt in Madrid airport bomb, ETA claims attack | author = Webb, Jason | coauthors = Sanz, Inmaculada | work = Reuters|date= 2006-12-30 | accessdate = 2006-12-31 ]
As a result of the explosion, two Ecuadorians who were sleeping in their cars died. The whole module D of the carpark was levelled to the ground, around 40,000 tonnes of debris. It took six days to recover the body of the second victim from the rubble.
August 2008 Spanair crash
August 20, 2008, Spanair Flight JKK 5022 which was traveling to Gran Canaria, veered off to the right and into the ground while climbing immediately after lifting off from runway 36L at 14:45 local time. The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) MD-82with registration "EC-HFP", was carrying 172 people, 162 thereof being passengers [http://www.spanair.com/web/en-gb/DSite/Last-official-notice/] . At least 154 people have been killed. 2 were seriously injured and 12 were slightly injured. [http://elmundo.es/elmundo/2008/08/20/espana/1219237335.html]
* [http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?cid=1049727006353&pagename=subHome&SiteName=MAD&c=Page&Language=EN_GB Madrid Barajas Official Website in English]
* [http://www.rsh-p.com/render.aspx?siteID=1&navIDs=1,4,23,648 Architect Website on Barajas Terminal 4]
* [http://www.madrid-guide-spain.com/getting-to-madrid.html Madrid Airport guide, transport links, access, services & Flights ENG]
* [http://www.madshuttle.com Madrid Airport Shuttle]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.