- Chilton Foliat
St. Mary's parish church
Chilton Foliat shown within Wiltshire
Population 394 (2001 census) OS grid reference Parish Chilton Foliat Unitary authority Wiltshire Ceremonial county Wiltshire Region South West Country England Sovereign state United Kingdom Post town Hungerford Postcode district RG17 Dialling code 01488 Police Wiltshire Fire Wiltshire Ambulance Great Western EU Parliament South West England UK Parliament Devizes Website Welcome to www.chiltonfoliat.com List of places: UK • England • Wiltshire
Chilton Foliat is a village and civil parish on the River Kennet in Wiltshire. The parish is in the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is on the county boundary with West Berkshire and is about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) northwest of the Berkshire market town of Hungerford.
- ^ "Area selected: Kennet (Non-Metropolitan District)". Neighbourhood Statistics: Full Dataset View. Office for National Statistics. http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/viewFullDataset.do;jsessionid=ac1f930b30d8251a33137b414aacb8d5d1a9029f24bf?instanceSelection=03070&productId=779&$ph=60_61&datasetInstanceId=3070&startColumn=1&numberOfColumns=4&containerAreaId=790549. Retrieved 13 June 2010.
- ^ a b Crowley, 1999, pages 88-109
- ^ Pevsner & Cherry, 1975, page166
- ^ The Wheatsheaf at Chilton Foliat
- ^ Chilton Foliat CE VA Primary School
- ^ Leapman, Michael (20 September 2005). "Harry Dodson, gardener on 'the Victorian Kitchen Garden'". The Independent (London). http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/harry-dodson-507520.html.
- Crowley, D.A. (ed.); Baggs, A.P.; Freeman, Jane; Smith, C.; Stevenson, Janet H.; Williamson, E. (1999). A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 16: Kinwardstone hundred. Victoria County History. pp. 88–109.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus; Cherry, Bridget (revision) (1975). Wiltshire. The Buildings of England. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. pp. 166–167. ISBN 0 14 0710.26 4.
- Wiltshire County Council Website page on Chilton Foliat, retrieved 21:00 Oct 12, 2004 (UTC)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chilton Foliat — Original name in latin Chilton Foliat Name in other language Chilton Foliat State code GB Continent/City Europe/London longitude 51.43245 latitude 1.53912 altitude 107 Population 0 Date 2011 07 31 … Cities with a population over 1000 database
Chilton Foliat Meadows — (grid reference SU315703) is a 54.6 hectare biological Site of Special Scientific Interest in the civil parish of Chilton Foliat in the English county of Wiltshire. It was notified in 1971 and is split across Berkshire and Wiltshire. Source… … Wikipedia
Chilton — may refer to: Contents 1 People 2 Place Names 3 Other 4 … Wikipedia
Littlecote House — Infobox Historic building name = Littlecote House caption = View of the house from the western lawn map type = Wiltshire latitude = 51.431518 longitude = 1.563106 location = Chilton Foliat location town = Ramsbury, Wiltshire location country =… … Wikipedia
Hungerford — For other uses, see: Hungerford (disambiguation) Coordinates: 51°24′52″N 1°30′53″W / 51.4144°N 1.5146°W / 51.4144; 1.5146 … Wikipedia
Harry Dodson — Harry James Dodson (11 September 1919 ndash; 25 July 2005) was an English gardener who became a celebrity as a result of the BBC television documentary series The Victorian Kitchen Garden , which featured his professional expertise and his… … Wikipedia
Herbert Sobel — Infobox Military Person name=Herbert M. Sobel caption=Herbert Sobel in Aldbourne, England rank=Lieutenant Colonel unit=Company E , 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division Chilton Foliat Jump School family= born=… … Wikipedia
The Victorian Kitchen Garden — was a 13 part television series produced in 1987 by Jennifer Davies for BBC Two. It recreated a kitchen garden of the Victorian era at Chilton Foliat in Wiltshire, although at the time the series was made Chilton Foliat was in the county of… … Wikipedia
Carden Aero Engines — Ltd. was an English aero engine manufacturer. It was based at Heston Airport, Middlesex, UK.HistorySir John Carden established the company in 1935 as the Flying Flea craze swept Britain. He saw a need for a cheap low powered propulsion unit for… … Wikipedia
List of places in Wiltshire — This is a list of cities, towns and villages in the ceremonial county of Wiltshire, England.compactTOC NOTOC AAldbourne, Alderbury, All Cannings, Allington (near Chippenham), Allington (near Devizes), Allington (near Salisbury), Alton Barnes,… … Wikipedia