- Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering
name = Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering
established = 1963
type = Private Un-Aided
established = 1963
undergrad = approximately 3500
staff = approximately 300
campus = 56
acres, 13 km from the heart of Bangalorecity on MysoreRoad.
affiliations = VTU, affiliated with AICTE, Autonomous
website = [http://rvce.ac.in rvce.ac.in]
Rashtriya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (also referred to as RVCE) is an engineering college located in
Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It is one of the first private unaided colleges to be established in India, back in 1963. The college is located in a verdant campus at the outskirts of Bangalore city on Mysore road. RVCE is an autonomous institution under the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
RVCE is considered to be one of the best institutions in
Karnatakafor undergraduate courses especially in the Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Electrical And Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The college hosts a large number of department fests to improve student interaction. The institution has successfully imposed a "ban" on the ragging or hazing of freshmen students by seniors. The college does not allow the formation of student unions, and has both on-campus hostelites and day scholars.
*Computer Science And Engineering 
*Electronics And Communication 
*Telecommunication Engineering 
*Electrical And Electronics Engineering 
*Instrumentation Technology 
*Chemical Engineering 
*Mechanical Engineering 
*Industrial Engineering And Management 
*Information Science And Engineering 
*Civil Engineering 
*School Of Architecture
Facilities in College
*Indoor Basketball Court,Indoor Shuttle Court and Cricket ground
*Full fledged library with lots of journals and books related to every subject.
*Canteen inside campus
*24-hr ATM counter of ING-VYSYA and also bank of ING-VYSYA
*Tennis court and a well maintained football ground (in the making)
*Cafe Coffee Day inside campus.
* MCA (Master of Computer Application)
* M.Tech (Computer Integrated Manufacturing)
* M.Tech (Product Design & Development)
* M.Tech (Computer Network Engineering)
* M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
* M.Tech (Digital Communication)
* M.Tech (VLSI & Embedded System)
* M. Tech (Communication System)
* M. Tech (Power Electronics)
* M. Tech (Structure)
* M. Tech (Software Engineering)
* M. Tech (Machine Design)
* M. Tech (BSP&I)
* M.Tech (Information Technology)
* M.Arch ( Urban Design)
RV School of Architecture
The Department of Architecture is now an autonomous body with freedom in setting course work standards. The school hosts talks and seminars by a number of leading and innovative architects and designers from across the world.
The campus has 5 Hostels with a total capacity of over 800. The following are the hostels
* CauveryThe hostel is for the first year students. Each of the 68 rooms are triple occupancy type.
* Cauvery AnnexeThis hostel houses the students pursuing post graduate courses.
* Diamond Jubilee BlockThis hostel for second year B.E. students is the newest among all hostels and boasts of modern amenities. This hostel has a capacity of over 250 students.
* ChamundiChamundi is one of the oldest buildings on campus and houses pre-final year students with double occupancy rooms.
* Sir M. V. BlockThis hostel houses final year students has over 170 rooms each of single occupancy type.
*The Cauvery Block Hostel has a mess hall which caters to both Veg and Non-Veg food for the First Year and the PG students.
*The Diamond Jubilee Block Hostel has a Veg mess hall for the second , third and fourth year students.
*The M.V.Block Hostel has a Non-Veg mess hall for the second , third and fourth year students.
RVCE encourages special interest groups and hobby clubs with very many restrictions on them. Some of the active clubs are:
*DEBSOC is the literary and debating society of RVCE. Founded 4 years back by 3 students, it has now grown to become one of the largest debating societies in the Indian Subcontinent. It currently has over 60 members, and regularly has been taking part in tournaments across the world, with some success at tournaments such as the
All-Asians Intervarsity Tournament, where it make regularly makes the break.
*REACT is the club of the Chemical Engineering Department in the college. It organises the national level technical fest "REACT" along with many workshops related to the subjects.
*Yantra is the club of the Mechanical Engineering Department in the college. It organises the department fest "VORTEX" along with many workshops related to the subjects.
*IDEA is the club of Industrial Engineering and Management Department. It organizes the department fest "SYNERGY" and other dept. related activities.
* [http://rvquizcorp.com RV Quizcorp] is the Quiz club of RVCE. It is also the largest college level quiz club in India. It conducts India's largest college quiz fest "
Under the Peepal Tree" each year.
* [http://rvecell.org RVEcell] The Entrepreneurship Cell was started in the year 2006 under the guidance of Prof NS Narahari,Director Placement & Training. The cell promotes the spirit of entrepreneurship and provides a platform for the students to showcase their business talents. The organization conducts an annual business plan/ideas contest where entries are invited throughout Karnataka.The cell won the Best Microsite Award from National Entrepreneurship Network(NEN) in 2006.
RotaractClub of RVCE actively involves itself in socially relevant causes. Affiliated with Rotary International District 3190, the club had carved a niche for itself in the area of blood donation. The club members also involve themselves in National pulse polio drives, tree plantation drives and eye check-up camps.
* Vritanth is the IT Association of RVCE, which was founded in September 1998 with the objective of providing a forum for students interested in IT.The CSE department takes cares of the activities of the club and organises IOTA-one of the biggest college fests of bangalore.The club also organizes various technological talks featuring eminent IT personalities from the industry, IT quizzes and various competitions on coding, debugging and optimization etc. The club comes out with the newsletter CYPHER.
* Elektron is the Electrical & Electronics Club of RVCE.
* Connect is the annual festival conducted by the Telecommunication department of RVCE. It is held on May 17th of every year in celebration of the 'World Telecom Day'.
*The Circle for Acting in RV - CARV is for the theater fanatics.
*InfinIT is the IT club of Information Science Department, RVCE. It provides a platform for technical discussions, seminars, programming contests and quiz, apart from organising an annual fest INFINIT.
*Raag - The Youth Club of RVCE. The club provides the students a platform to showcase their leadership skills, talents in music, art and craft and also literary interests by organizing various college level events like Opinions, an open discussion forum. The club comes out with the unofficial college magazine C.R.A.P.-Consortium of RVans Associate Press which has been widely accepted and criticized over more than 7 issues. The Club along with National Service Scheme(NSS) unit of college organizes visit to leprosarium and orphanages to create awareness amongst young minds and also organizes Eye Pledging Camp in association with Lions Eye Bank, Bangalore. The eye camp registered a college record of 575 pledges in 2007 .
*Frequency - The Tech Club of RVCE. The club focusses on innovating at the base level in technological fields. It conducts various seminars and hands-on workshops.The club had organised a 'Autonomous Robotics Workshop' in 8th Mile-2008(Techno-Cultural Festival of RVCE)which had participation form students from all over karnataka, the workshop was conducetd by [http://murali.8051.googlepages.com/home 'Murali.S'] who is the present Student President of the club.The club is mentored by Prof.S.Venkatesh of I.T department.
Principals of the college:
# Sri. L.C. Muni Swamy Reddy (1963 – 1964)
# Sri. K.V. Raja Rathnam (1964 – 1973)
# Prof. Y.L.V Pandit (1973 – 1975)
# Prof. H. Venkatachala Murthy (1975 – 1980)
# Prof. B. Channaiah (1980 – 1981)
# Prof. M.R. Holla (1981 – 2001)
# Prof. K.A. Ranganatha Setty (2001 – 2003)
# Prof. K.N. Raja Rao (I/C) (Jan 1, 2004 – Jan 27, 2004)
# Dr. S.C. Sharma (Jan 28, 2004 - Present)
Notable people who studied at the college:
Anil Kumble- Cricketer
Shiney Ahuja- Actor
Chetan Baboor- Table Tennis Player
* Siddhartha Vaidyanathan aka "Bib"-
* Nikhil Joshi -
Carnatic musician, guitarist
* Nanditha - Kannada Playback Singer
* Vijayalakshmi Bidari - Topped civil services exam in 2000 ( IAS Topper )
Rahul Dev- Model & Actor
* Avinash Mudaliar - Famous quizmaster.
* Natesh Babu DR - Gold Medalist at India Innovates (by Lockheed Martin & Univ. of Texas @ Austin).
= External links =
* [http://www.rvce.ac.in Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering web site]
* [http://www.rvcealumni.org Alumni Association of RV College of Engineering web site]
* [http://www.rvquizcorp.com RV QuizCorp, the quiz club of RVCE]
* [http://www.rvecell.org RV ECell,The Entrepreneurship Cell of RVCE]
* [http://www.ashwaracing.com ashwaRACING,The FSAE chapter of RVCE]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
College of Engineering — A college of engineering generally refers to an institute which offers engineering course at undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level. Either these institutes are part of a university or are affiliated to some university. The duration of the… … Wikipedia
List of educational institutions in Bangalore — This is a list of Bangalore Colleges, India. Contents 1 Universities 2 Design 3 Management 4 Engineering and Technology … Wikipedia
Colleges and institutes in India — Colleges Institutes= Andhra Pradesh * Andhra Medical College * Bapatla Engineering College * Browns College of Pharmacy Khammam * Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology (CBIT) * CMR College of Engineering Technology (CMRM) * Deccan College of … Wikipedia
National Law School of India University — Motto Dharmo Rakshati Rakshata ( Those who protect justice are protected by justice ) Established 1987 … Wikipedia
Koramangala — neighborhood … Wikipedia
Namma Metro — ನಮ್ಮ ಮೆಟ್ರೊ Info Locale Bangalore, India Transit type Rapid transit … Wikipedia
Nagarbhavi — is a residential area of Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Located in West Bangalore, Nagarbhavi is located between Mysore road and Magadi road. It is surrounded by Vijaynagar on the north, Bangalore University and Chandra Layout on the east, Magadi… … Wikipedia
Murugeshpalya — Murugeshpalaya neighborhood … Wikipedia
Nehru Planetarium — Nehru Planetarium, New Delhi There are five planetariums in India named after India s first Prime Minister, [Jawaharlal Nehru]. Nehru Plantariums are located in Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore and there is a Jawahar Planetarium in Allahabad.… … Wikipedia
National Aerospace Laboratories — For the Japanese aerospace laboratory, see National Aerospace Laboratory of Japan. NAL Saras is the first civilian multi purpose aircraft manufactured in India. National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL), is India s second largest aerospace firm after … Wikipedia