- Deadbolt (band)
Deadbolt performing live in Cologne, Germany
Background information Origin San Diego, California, United States Genres Rock & Roll
Years active 1988– Labels Cargo Records
Associated acts Strangers 1800 Website Deadbolt's My Space Page Members Harley Davidson
Gary “Third Degree” Burns
Past members Les Vegas
Deadbolt is a rock band from San Diego, California, U.S.A.. They describe themselves as "The Scariest Band in the World." The band often features two bass players, who are called "The Wall of Thunder."
The band originally formed in 1988 as a trio, featuring guitarist and vocalist Harley Davidson, bassist and vocalist Robert "RA" MacLean and drummer Les Vegas. Vegas eventually left the band. Vegas' departure is chronicled in the song "Po' Boy" on the album Hobo Babylon. The other current member of the band is bassist Gary "3rd Degree" Burns (part of the band's "Wall Of Thunder") and drummer Tank Johnson. Former members of the band include The Phantom (bass and guitar), Claymore Mines (bass), The Coroner (bass), Coffin Boy (bass), and Moose Cutter (bass). Vocalist/guitarist Diana Death occasionally contributes.
Deadbolt's music combines surf rock, goth, psychobilly and blues sound with unusual and offbeat lyrics, a style the band dubbed "voodoobilly." Besides the release of several CDs, the band has toured both North America and Europe extensively.
The band is known for its use of power tools during their live sets, and it is customary to be showered with sparks of red-hot metal during their live shows.
Three members of the band were also in a short-lived offshoot group called The Strangers 1800, which performed music from Spaghetti Western films and TV westerns and released one EP, When Men Were Men and the Sheep Were Scared.
Discography & videography
- Creepy World (cassette only) - Mondo Records, 1992
- Shrunken Head - Cargo/Headhunter Records, 1994
- Tiki Man - Cargo/Headhunter Records 1994
- Tijuana Hit Squad - Cargo/Headhunter Records, 1996
- Zulu Death Mask - Cargo/Headhunter Records, 1998
- Voodoo Trucker - Cargo/Headhunter Records, 1999
- Hobo Babylon - Cargo/Headhunter Records, 2002
- Haight Street Hippie Massacre: The Best of Deadbolt (compilation) - Cargo/Headhunter Records, 2003
- I Should Have Killed You - Cargo/Headhunter Records, 2005
- Live at the Casbah - Re:Live, 2005
- Friday the 13th Massacre (Live) - Hod Rod Surf, 2009
- Voodoo Moonshiner - Voodoobilly Records, 2010
- Live In Berlin at The Wild At Heart 21st November, 2009 (3 disc album) - Knockout Records (Import), 2010
- "Down in the Lab" - Smells Like Grease for Peace, Standard Recordings, 1992 (split with Rocket from the Crypt's "Cha Cha Cha")
- "E Frank" - Trip 3 - Trademark Records, 1993 (split with Creedle's "Bicycle Moto-Cross")
- "Cockeyed" - Goldenrod Records, 1995 (split with Strangers 1800's "Rawhide")
- "One Day I Will Kill You" / "Rockabilly Funeral" - Ewing Records, 2001
- "Telephone the Dead" - TKO Records, 2007 (split with Demented Are Go's "Sickness in Truth")
- "Down in the Lab" (Shrunken Head)
- "Who the Hell is Mrs. Valdez?" (Tiki Man)
- "Last Time I Saw Cole" (Tijuana Hit Squad)
Compilation Albums Featuring Deadbolt Tracks
- Staring at the Sun, Vol. 2 (Blindspot Records, 1992) - "Who the Hell is Mrs. Valdez" and "Edie"
- Musica del Diablo: Live from the Casbah (Cargo Records, 1993) - "You Don't Want to Know Me"
- Staring at the Sun, Vol. 3 (Blindspot Records, 1993) - "Listen to the Messages"
- Saint Doug: San Diego Local Music Soundtrack (91-X, 1994) – "I Saw the King"
- 91-Xmas (91-X, 1994) - "Post Office Christmas Party" and "I'm the One Who Gunned Santa Down"
- Secret Agent S.O.U.N.D.S. (Mai Tai Records, 1995) - "James Bond Theme/You Only Live Twice"
- Halloween Hootenanny (Zombie-A-Go-Go Records, 1998) - "Psychic Voodoo Doll"
- Tigermask: Trash Au Go-Go (Dionysus Records, 1998) - "Magimbu"
- Hotter Than Hell: An Injection of Psychobilly Madness (Hairball 8 Records, 2000) – “The Interview”
- Monster Party 2000 (MuSick Recordings, 2000) - "Billy's Dead"
- That's New Pussycat! Surf Tribute To Burt Bacharach (Om Om Records, 2003) - "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head"
- Dear Johnny... A Tribute to CASH (Hairball 8 Records, 2004) - "Orange Blossom Special"
- Kicked out of Purgatory (Hairball 8 Records, 2004) - "Billy's Dead"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Deadbolt (disambiguation) — A dead bolt is a type of locking mechanism. Deadbolt may also refer to: Deadbolt (band) Deadbolt (comics) Deadbolt (song) This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an … Wikipedia
Headhunter Records — is a record label distributed by Cargo Music, Inc. Headhunter records is based out of San Diego, California. It was launched in 1989. Other Notable Artists*Creedle *Deadbolt (band) *Drive Like Jehu *Fishwife *Armchair Martian *fluf *Rocket from… … Wikipedia
Bloodsimple — Infobox musical artist Name = Bloodsimple Img capt = Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = New York City Genre = Nu metal Metalcore Years active = 2002 present Label = Bullygoat Records Warner Bros. Records Associated … Wikipedia
Korn — For other uses, see Korn (disambiguation). Korn … Wikipedia
Guitar Hero — 1 5 Logo Guitar Hero (engl. „Gitarrenheld“) ist eine Videospielserie aus dem Bereich der Musikspiele. Bei dem Spiel soll der Nutzer versuchen, Original Musikstücke, die während des Spiels zu hören sind, auf einem speziellen Gitarren Controller… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Guitar Hero 5 — [[Archivo:Archivo:Guitar hero 5.jpg|225 px]] Desarrolladora(s) Neversoft (Xbox 360/PS3) Vicarious Visions (Wii) Budcat Creations (PS2) Distribuidora(s) RedOctane, Activision … Wikipedia Español
Guitar Hero (серия) — Эта статья о серии. О первой игре см. Guitar Hero. Серия «Guitar Hero» … Википедия
All Systems Go (Rocket from the Crypt album) — Infobox Album | Name = All Systems Go Type = Compilation Album Artist = Rocket from the Crypt Released = 1993 (re released 1998) Recorded = Genre = Punk rock, rock and roll Length = 54:14 Label = original release: Cargo/Headhunter re release:… … Wikipedia
Lucy's Fur Coat — Infobox musical artist Name = Lucy’s Fur Coat Background = group or band Origin = flagicon|USA San Diego, California Genre = Rock Roll Alternative rock Years active = 1992 2000; Label = Relativity Records SRH Records Goldenrod Records Associated… … Wikipedia
Creedle — Origin San Diego, California, United States Genres Punk Jazz Rock Roll Noise Surf rock Metal Klezmer Bossa Nova Prog Rock Math Rock … Wikipedia