- Debian GNU/Hurd
Debian GNU/Hurd is the Debian project's distribution of the GNU operating system, using the GNU Hurd microkernel. Its developers are hoping to be able to release Debian GNU/Hurd for the next major release of Debian, "wheezy".
Debian GNU/Hurd has been in development since 1998, but still has not been officially released. Over 60% of the software packaged for Debian GNU/Linux has been ported to the GNU Hurd. However, the Hurd itself remains under development, and as such is not ready for use in production systems. The overwhelming majority of Debian users run Debian GNU/Linux, rather than Debian GNU/Hurd. The Debian GNU/Hurd developers are hoping to be able to release it for the next major release of Debian, "wheezy", which is planned to be sometime around 2013.
The current version of Debian GNU/Hurd is L1 as of 2011. On February 15th, 2011 the debian-installer based image was updated to squeeze d-i packages. On June 11th, 2011 various bugs of the debian-installer based image were fixed, there is no known issue except that GNOME and KDE are not installable yet.
- ^ "firstname.lastname@example.org is up!". http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/1998/07/msg00000.html. Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- ^ "Debian Buildd stats page.". http://buildd.debian-ports.org/stats/. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- ^ 2011-q2, GNU Hurd news, read 15 August 2011.
- ^ Debian GNU/Hurd project page, read 15 August 2011.
- Debian GNU/Hurd home page
- Install CD images
- Superunprivileged.org — provides a GNU/Hurd Live CD
- Hurd Wiki/News Aggregator
GNU Project History Licenses Software Public speakers Other topics Debian Infrastructure Software Variants People This free software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.