- Morris Township, Knox County, Ohio
Morris Township, Ohio — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Ohio County Knox Area – Total 21.0 sq mi (54.4 km2) – Land 21.0 sq mi (54.4 km2) – Water 0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2) Elevation 1,093 ft (333 m) Population (2000) – Total 1,998 – Density 95.2/sq mi (36.7/km2) Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5) – Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) FIPS code 39-52290 GNIS feature ID 1086409
Located in the west central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Berlin Township - north
- Pike Township - northeast
- Monroe Township - east
- Clinton Township - south
- Liberty Township - southwest corner
- Wayne Township - west
- Middlebury Township - northwest corner
Name and history
It is the only Morris Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Knox County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- ^ "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/general_ref/cousub_outline/cen2k_pgsz/oh_cosub.pdf. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ^ §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
Municipalities and communities of Knox County, Ohio City Villages Townships Unincorporated
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.