<< December >> Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 2011
December (listen) (help·info) is the 12th and last month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars and one of seven months with the length of 31 days. December starts on the same day as September every year and ends on the same day as April every year.
December is the month with the shortest daylight hours of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and the longest daylight hours of the year in the Southern Hemisphere.
Events in December
- Union Day of Romania (1 December)
- World AIDS Day (December 1)
- National Day of United Arab Emirates (December 2)
- Sinterklaas in the Netherlands (December 5)
- Father's Day (King's Birthday) in Thailand (December 5)
- Independence Day in Finland (December 6)
- Constitution Day in Spain (December 6)
- Saint Nicholas Day in Greece (December 6)
- Pearl Harbor Day in the United States (December 7)
- Fukuoka Marathon is held on first Sunday in December.
- Día de la Madre en Panamá (Mother's Day) in Panama. (December 8)
- Day of the Mary Immaculate Conception. (December 8)
- Constitution Day in Romania. (December 8)
- In the Ásatrú religion, Egil Skallagrimsson's Day (December 9) is a day of remembrance for the Viking hero.
- Nobel Prizes awarded (December 10) on the anniversary of Alfred Nobel's death.
- Human Rights Day (December 10)
- Día de la Virgen de Guadalupe, or Day of the Virgin of Guadalupe, in Mexico (December 12)
- Independence Day (Jamhuri Day) in Kenya (December 12)
- Saint Lucy (December 13)
- Honolulu Marathon is held on second Sunday in December.
- Bill of Rights Day (United States). (December 15)
- Zamenhof Day (December 15)
- Victory day of Bangladesh (December 16)
- Day of Reconciliation in South Africa (December 16).
- First day of winter (December 21)
- Solstice (called the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere and the summer solstice in the Southern Hemisphere) occurs on dates varying from December 20 to December 22 (in UTC). See also Yule
- The Emperor's Birthday, a national holiday in Japan (December 23)
- Festivus (December 23)
- HumanLight (Humanist holiday), (December 23)
- Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Christmas (December 25)
- Boxing Day (December 26)
- Day of Goodwill (December 26)
- Kwanzaa (December 26 to January 1)
- Independence Day in Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day, (December 26)
- Proclamation Day in South Australia (December 28)
- Philippines – Rizal Day (December 30)
- New Year's Eve (December 31)
- Hannukah – [December 20 in 2011]
- Eid al-Adha[November 6 in 2011]
- December's birthstone is the blue turquoise or zircon.
- Its birth flower is the Holly or Euphorbia pulcherrima.
- The Zodiac sign for those born in this month is either Sagittarius or Capricorn, depending on which day you were born.
- Historical anniversaries
Months and days of the year January February March April May June July August September October November December Related dates
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.