- Cornhill, Aberdeenshire
Entering the village on the B9023 road
Cornhill shown within Aberdeenshire
OS grid reference Council area Aberdeenshire Country Scotland Sovereign state United Kingdom Post town ABERDEEN Postcode district AB45 Dialling code 01466 Police Grampian Fire Grampian Ambulance Scottish EU Parliament Scotland UK Parliament Banff and Buchan Scottish Parliament Banff and Buchan Website aberdeenshire.gov.uk List of places: UK • Scotland •
There is the local garage Ewens of Cornhill, Post Office and the local pub Peggy Duffs. There is a nearby castle, Castle of Park, also known as Park House, which was built in the 16th century. There is a local Church of Scotland which is a joint church between Ordiquhill and Cornhill.
Cornhill has its own highland games in summer, including the Knock Hill race, a 8.5 mile race up the nearby Knock Hill and back.
- J. Henry created the Kerrs Pink variety of potato in 1907.
- G. Morrison bred the world's most expensive sheep Deveronvale Perfection which sold for £231,000 in 2009.
tug of war team won 2007 uk tug of war championships held in wales,scottish champions 2005,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011
- ^ AA Touring Guide to Scotland. 1978.
- ^ "Ewens of Cornhill Ltd". Ewens of Cornhill. http://www.ewens.co.uk/. Retrieved 9 January 2010.
- ^ "Contact (Presbytery of Buchan)". Church of Scotland. http://www.churchofscotland.org.uk/contact/contactmap34.htm#O. Retrieved 9 January 2010.
- ^ "Ordiquhill School". Aberdeenshire Council. http://www.ordiquhill.aberdeenshire.sch.uk. Retrieved 2009.
- ^ C. Michael Hogan. "Longman Hill". The Modern Antiquarian. http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/11228/longman_hill.html#fieldnotes. Retrieved 2008.
- ^ "£231,000 sheep sets price record". BBC News. 28 August 2009. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8226054.stm. Retrieved 9 January 2010.
Settlements and places of interest in Banff and Buchan, Aberdeenshire Primary settlements Other settlements Places of interest Areas and primary settlements in Aberdeenshire
(see also: Aberdeen City)
in Banff and Buchan in Buchan in Formartine in Garioch in Kincardine and Mearns in Marr
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.