Deposition or Depose may refer to:
- Deposition (law), taking testimony outside of court
- Deposition (chemistry), molecules settling out of a solution
- Thin-film deposition, any technique for depositing a thin film of material onto a substrate or onto previously deposited layers
- Deposition (sediment), material (like sediment) being added to a landform
- Deposition (physics), the process of gas transformation into solid
- Deposition (politics), the removal of a person of authority from political power
- Deposition (Aerosol physics), a process where aerosol particles set down onto surfaces
- Deposition (university), a widespread initiation ritual for new students practiced from the Middle Ages until the 18th century
The Deposition can also refer to depictions of Christ's descent from the cross, as in:
- Deposition from the Cross, the depiction of the removal of Jesus from the cross
- The Deposition (Michelangelo), a marble sculpture
- The Deposition (Raphael), an oil painting
- The Deposition (Rogier van der Weyden), an oil painting, c.1435
- The Deposition from the Cross (Pontormo), an oil painting of 1528
The Deposition can also refer to:
- "The Deposition" (The Office), an episode of The Office (US TV series)
- Fused deposition modeling, a process by which a part is constructed by depositing material layer by layer
- Chemical vapor deposition
- Physical vapor deposition
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.