- ISO/IEC 9995
ISO/IEC 9995 (less formally "ISO 9995") is an ISO standard defining layouts of computer keyboards. It defines a keyboard as having three groups of key assignments:
* Group 1 is the basic layer with a base and shift (lower and upper case)
* Group 2 is the national layer with a base and shift. There is a locking shift to access this.
* Group 3 allows for supplemental characters to be entered. This is a single plane and uses a non-locking shift.
Some keyboards in use are defined outside of this standard.
The ISO/IEC 9995 standard dates to 1994 and has undergone several updates over the years. It currently consists of the following parts:
*ISO 9995-1:2006 General Principles Governing Keyboard Layouts
*ISO 9995-2:2002 Alphanumeric Section
*ISO 9995-3:2002 Common Secondary Layout of the Alphanumeric Zone of the Alphanumeric Section
*ISO 9995-4:2002 Numeric Section
*ISO 9995-5:2006 Editing Section
*ISO 9995-6:2006 Function Section
*ISO 9995-7:2002 Symbols Used to Represent Functions
*ISO 9995-8:2006 Allocation of Letters to the Keys of a Numeric Keyboard
ISO 9995-3 defines a common secondary layout for the alphanumeric keyboard.
ISO 9995-8:2006 defines an assignment of the 26 letters a-z to the number keys of a numeric keypad.
* [http://www.iso.org/iso/en/StandardsQueryFormHandler.StandardsQueryFormHandler?scope=CATALOGUE&keyword=&isoNumber=9995&sortOrder=ISO&title=true&search_type=ISO&search_term=9995&languageCode=en ISO (search by ISO number 9995)]
*cite web | author=van Wingen, Johan | year = 1999 | title=International Standards for Character Codes and Related Subjects | url=http://www.terena.nl/activities/multiling/euroml/annex03.html | accessdate=2006-12-17
*cite web | author=unknown | year = unknown | title=Keyboard of ISO/IEC 9995-3 | url=http://std.dkuug.dk/keld/iso9995-3-a.htm | accessdate=2007-07-22
* [http://cyberiel.iquebec.com/sc35wg1/ "Normalisation internationale des claviers : Documents du JTC1/SC35/GT1 au 1er mars 2001"] (drafts of the parts of the ISO/IEC 9995 standard on iQuebec.com)
* [http://hapax.qc.ca/ISO9995/ISO-CEI%209995-1-1994.pdf "Norme Internationale ISO/CEI 9995-1 Première édition 1994-08-15"] (draft of ISO 9995-3)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.