- Letitia Baldrige
imagesize = 150px
Public relationsexecutive Etiquette expert
White HouseChief of Staff to the First Lady of the United States
appointed1=Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy
Letitia Baldrige (b. 1925, Miami) is an American etiquette expert and public relations executive.
A graduate of
Vassar College, she is a former State Department employee and was the White House Social Secretaryto Jacqueline Kennedy.
Her father was Congressman
Howard Malcolm Baldrige, and her brother was Howard Malcolm Baldrige, Jr., former Secretary of Commerce. She serves on the board of directors of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
She has published more than twenty books and has appeared on the "
Late Show with David Letterman".
She was honored by the city of
Marshfield, Missouri, with the Ella Dickey Literacy Award in 2003. Baldrige was presented the honor by Samuel Dickey and friend, Nicholas W. Inman. The honor recognized her effort to appear on the Inman Literacy Foundation Lecture Series.
* "Roman Candle", 1956
* "Tiffany Table Settings", 1958
* "Of Diamonds and Diplomats", 1968
* "Home", 1972
* "Juggling: The Art of Balancing Marriage, Motherhood, and Career", 1976
* "The Amy Vanderbilt Complete Book of Etiquette", 1978
* "Amy Vanderbilt’s Everyday Etiquette", 1979
* "Entertainers", 1981
* "Letitia Baldrige’s Complete Guide to Executive Manners", 1985
* "Letitia Baldrige’s Complete Guide to a Great Social Life", 1987
* "Letitia Baldrige’s Complete Guide to the New Manners for the '90s", 1989
* "Public Affairs, Private Relations", 1990 (a novel)
* "Letitia Baldrige’s New Complete Guide to Executive Manners", 1993
* "Letitia Baldrige’s More than Manners! Raising Today's Kids to Have Kind Manners and Good Hearts", 1997
* "In the Kennedy Style: Magical Evenings in the Kennedy White House" (with Rene Verdon), 1998
* "Legendary Brides: From the Most Romantic Weddings Ever, Inspired Ideas for Today’s Brides", 2000
* "A Lady, First: My Life in the White House and the American Embassies of Paris and Rome", 2001
* "Letitia Baldrige’s New Manners for New Times: A Complete Guide to Etiquette", 2003
* "The Kennedy Mystique" (with Jon Goodman, Hugh Sidey, Robert Dallek and Barbara Baker Burrows), 2006
* "Taste: Acquiring What Money Can't Buy", 2007
* [http://www.letitia.com Official site]
* [http://premierespeakers.com/letitia_baldrige/bio Biography]
* [http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical+Resources/Biographies+and+Profiles/Profiles/Letitia+Baldrige.htm Biography]
* Fabricant, Florence, [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE7D61230F93BA35754C0A964958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all "AT TEA WITH: Letitia Baldrige; The Calming Voice of Civility In Uncivil Times"] , "
The New York Times", July 8, 1992
* [http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11966130 Letitia Baldrige on NPR]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.