Compound may refer to:
- Chemical compounds, combinations of two or more elements
- Compound (enclosure), a cluster of buildings having a shared purpose, usually inside a fence or wall
- Compound (fortification), a version of the above fortified with defensive structures
- Compound bow, a type of bow for archery
- Compound (linguistics), a word that consists of more than one radical element
- Compound (migrant labour), a hostel for migrant workers such as those historically connected with mines in South Africa
- Compound (music), an attribute of an interval or time signature
- Compounding, the mixing of drugs in pharmacy
- Polyhedral compound, a polyhedron composed of multiple polyhedra sharing the same centre of atention
Compound may also refer to:
- Compound chocolate, a chocolate substitute
- Compound fracture, complete fractures of bone where at least one fragment has damaged the skin, soft tissue or surrounding body cavity
- Compound interest, unpaid interest that is added to the principal so that subsequent interest is calculated on the grossed amount
- Compound engine, a steam engine in which steam is expanded through a series of two or three cylinders before exhaust.
- Turbo-compound engine, an internal combustion engine where exhaust gases expand through power-turbines
- Compound sentence (linguistics), a type of sentence made up of two or more independent clauses and no subordinate (dependent) clauses
- Composite (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.