Conductor or conduction may refer to:
- Electrical conductor, a material allowing the flow of electric current
- Electrical conduction, the movement of charged particles through an electrical conductor
- Fast ion conductor, a solid state electrical conductor which conducts due to the movement of ions
- Heat conduction, the transfer of thermal energy through matter
- Electrical conduction system of the heart
- Conductor, a person who leads a musical ensemble by way of visible gestures known as conducting
- Conductor (album), an album by indie rock band The Comas
- Conduction, a type of structured free improvisation in music notably practiced by Butch Morris
- Conductor (transportation), a person who sells and checks tickets on a bus, train, etc.
- Conductor (architecture), a traditional name for a downspout
- Conductor (Army), a senior Warrant Officer appointment in the Royal Logistic Corps and its predecessors
- Conductor (underground railroad), operative of the Underground Railroad of the 19th century United States helping move slaves to freedom
- Mr. Conductor, a character in Shining Time Station and in Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Conductor (ring theory), an ideal of a ring that measures how far it is from being integrally closed
- Conductor of an abelian variety, a description of its bad reduction
- Conductor of a Dirichlet character, the natural (smallest) modulus for a character
- Conductor (class field theory), a modulus describing the ramification in an abelian extension of local or global fields
- In the theory of numerical semigroups, the conductor of a numerical semigroup (also called the Frobenius number of the semigroup) is the greatest integer not in the semigroup.
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.