- Timeline of computing
This article presents a detailed timeline of events in the history of computing. For a narrative explaining the overall developments, see the related history of computing hardware and history of computer science.
- History of computing hardware – up to third generation (1960s)
- History of computing hardware (1960s–present) – third generation and later
- History of compiler writing
- History of the graphical user interface
- Timeline of operating systems
- Timeline of programming languages
- Timeline of artificial intelligence
- History of the Internet
- Timeline of hypertext technology
- Timeline of Internet conflicts
- Timeline of popular Internet services
- Timeline of web browsers
- Stephen White: A Brief History of Computing, http://ox.compsoc.net/~swhite/history.html. An excellent Computer history site; the above is a modified version of his timeline, used with permission.
- The Computer History in time and space, Graphing Project tries to build a graphical image of computer history, in particular operating systems, http://comp-hist.sourceforge.net/
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.