- Indium(III) phosphide
Name = Indium(III) phosphide
ImageFile = Indium(III) phosphide.jpg
ImageSize = 200px
ImageName = Indium(III) phosphide
IUPACName = Indium phosphide
OtherNames = Indium(III) phosphide
Section1 = Chembox Identifiers
CASNo = 22398-80-7
Section2 = Chembox Properties
Formula = InP
MolarMass = 145.792 g/mol
Appearance = Black cubic crystals.
Density = 4.81 g/cm3, solid.
Solubility = ? g/100 ml (?°C)
MeltingPt = 1062°C (1335.15 K)
BoilingPt = No information.
Section3 = Chembox Structure
CrystalStruct = Zinc Blende
Section7 = Chembox Hazards
MainHazards = In Compounds: Highly toxic via subcutaneous and moderately toxic via oral routes. Symptoms of acute indium intoxicationare anorexia, localized convulsive motions, hind-leg paralysis, pulmonary edema, necrotizing pneumonia, and renal and hepaticdamage with resultant dysfunction. Chronic indium intoxication leads to weight loss, poor growth, and extensive necrotic damage tothe liver and kidneys.
Section8 = Chembox Related
OtherAnions = InN, InAs, InSb.
Gallium phosphide, Aluminium phosphide
Function = compounds
Gallium arsenide phosphide
Indium phosphide (IndiumPhosphorus) is a binary
semiconductorcomposed of indiumand phosphorus. It is used in high-power and high-frequency electronics because of its superior electron velocitywith respect to the more common semiconductors siliconand gallium arsenide. It also has a direct bandgap, making it useful for optoelectronicsdevices like laser diodes.
InP is also used as a substrate for epitaxial
indium gallium arsenidebased opto-electronic devices.
Indium phosphide also has one of the longest-lived optical
phonons of any compound with the zincblende crystal structure.
Sellmeier equationthat describes how the optical refractive indexfor indium phosphide depends on wavelengthis given bywhere λ is the wavelength in micrometres.
This gives refractive index values rising from around 3.21 at 10 µm and 3.32 at 1.5 µm to 3.47 at 1.0 µm.
* [http://www.ioffe.ru/SVA/NSM/Semicond/InP/index.html Extensive site on the physical properties of indium phosphide] (Ioffe institute)
* [http://www.onr.navy.mil/sci%5Ftech/archive%5Fto%5Fdvd/information/312%5Felectronics/ncsr/materials/inp.asp ONR National Compound Semiconductor Roadmap entry]
* [http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentCon.jsp?punumber=3525 InP conference series] at IEEE
* [http://www.azom.com/details.asp?newsID=2888 Indium Phosphide and Indium Gallium Arsenide Help Break 600 Gigahertz Speed Barrier] (2006 news)
* [http://www.wafertech.co.uk/msds/msds_InP.html MSDS at Wafertech]
* [http://www.espimetals.com/msds's/indiumphosphide.pdf MSDS ar espimetals] (pdf)
* [http://www.arnaudelectronics.com/product/inp.html Arnaud electronics single crystal wafers]
* [http://www.wafertech.co.uk/data/polyInP.html Wafer technology polycrystalline]
* [http://www.vitesse.com/technologies/index.php?id=3 Vitesse DARPA funded 150GHz circuits]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.