- Worshipful Company of Glaziers and Painters of Glass
The Worshipful Company of Glaziers and Painters of Glass is one of the Livery Companies of the
City of London. The Guild of Glaziers, or makers of Glass, the Company's forerunner, existed as early as 1328. It received a Royal Charterof incorporation in 1638. It is no longer a trade association of glass craftsmen, instead existing, along with a majority of Livery Companies, as a charitable body.
The original Glaziers Hall was burnt down during the
Great Fire of Londonin 1666. The current Hallwas acquired and refurbished in 1977. It is located on the south side of London Bridgeand has spectacular views over the River Thamestowards the City of London.
The Company ranks fifty-third in the
order of precedencefor Livery Companies. Its motto is "Lucem Tuam Da Nobis Deo", Latin for "O God, Give Us Your Light".
* [http://www.worshipfulglaziers.com/ The Glaziers' and Painters of Glass' Company] Official owners of Glaziers Hall
* [http://www.glaziershall.co.uk/ The Glaziers' Hall] Events Venue Website
* [http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.506829,-0.088636&spn=0.002267,0.004989&t=h&z=18&om=1/ Glaziers' Hall] Google Satellite view of Glaziers Hall
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.