- Madison Guaranty
Madison Guaranty was a
Little Rock, Arkansasfinancial trust company.
Starting in 1982 and operated by
Jim McDougal- Susan McDougalMadison Guaranty Savings and Loan failed in the late 1980s. On April 14, 1997, Jim McDougal was convicted of 18 felony counts of fraud conspiracy charges. The counts had to do with bad loans made by Madison S&L.This S&L was partnered with Whitewater Development Corporation, the subject of Whitewater probe and owned, in part, by Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Madison Guaranty and McDougal hired
Rose Law Firmwhere the Mrs. Clinton worked as a defense attorney. Mrs. Clinton's Rose Law Firm billing records on Madison Guaranty and McDougal's Castle Grandeproject that Hillary called IDC - Industrial Development Corporation. How much work she actually did on Madison and Castle Grande was the subject of the missing billing records. McDougal also held a fundraiser at Madison Guaranty that paid off Clinton's campaign debt of $50,000. Madison cashier's checks accounted for $12,000 of the funds raised.
Madison employees in the
* John Latham: former Madison Guaranty CEO
Robert W. Palmer: former Madison Guaranty land appraiser
Larry Kuca: former head of Madison Financial, a subsidiary of Madison Guaranty
References and external links
* [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/whitewater/timeline2.htm Washington Post time line, 1998]
* [http://www.cnn.com/US/9604/13/whitewater.background/index.html CNN whitewater report, Whitewater started as 'sweetheart' deal, May 6, 1996]
* [http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/gen/resources/infocus/whitewater/ak.roots.html CNN report, Arkansas Roots 1997 ]
* [http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/05/19/archive/main9813.shtml CBS, Caught In The Whitewater Net, May 19, 1998]
* "Appraiser on Madison Loans in Plea Accord" NY Times, By STEPHEN LABATON, Published: December 6, 1994 [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9407EFD61739F935A35751C1A962958260]
* "Hillary Clinton and the Whitewater Controversy: A Close-Up" By David Maraniss and Susan Schmidt, Washington Post Staff Writers, Sunday, June 2, 1996; Page A01 [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/whitewater/stories/wwtr960602.htm]
* "Hillary Clinton's Fingerprints Among Those Found on Papers" NY Times, By NEIL A. LEWIS Published: June 5, 1996 [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9804EFD91F39F936A35755C0A960958260&sec=&spon=]
* "Second Set Of First Lady's Billing Records Found" CNN AllPolitics, March 26, 1998 [http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/03/26/hillary.records/]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Madison — may refer to: *Madison (name), a given name and a surnameCities*Madison, Wisconsin, State Capital *Madison, Alabama *Madison, Arkansas *Madison, California *Madison, Connecticut *Madison, Florida *Madison, Georgia *Madison, Illinois *Madison,… … Wikipedia
Whitewater controversy — The Whitewater controversy (also called the Whitewater scandal, Whitewatergate, or most often, simply Whitewater) was an American politics controversy that began with the real estate investments of Bill and Hillary Clinton and their associates,… … Wikipedia
Scandale du Whitewater — Le scandale du Whitewater, également connu sous les dénominations de (la « Controverse du Whitewater », le « Whitewatergate » ou plus souvent et plus simplement le « Whitewater »), est une controverse de politique… … Wikipédia en Français
Castle Grande — was a real estate development in Arkansas about 10 minutes south of Little Rock. It came into National news as a result of the Whitewater investigations. The project was a convert|1050|acre|km2|sing=on lot where Jim McDougal hoped to build… … Wikipedia
John Latham (Whitewater) — John Latham former Madison Guaranty CEO in Little Rock, Arkansas.Madison Guaranty were owned and run by Jim McDougal and Susan McDougal. On February 7, 1985 Jim McDougal wrote to Gov. Bill Clinton to recommend John Latham for the Arkansas State… … Wikipedia
United States — a republic in the N Western Hemisphere comprising 48 conterminous states, the District of Columbia, and Alaska in North America, and Hawaii in the N Pacific. 267,954,767; conterminous United States, 3,022,387 sq. mi. (7,827,982 sq. km); with… … Universalium
Robert W. Palmer — is a former Madison Guaranty land appraiser and pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy charges related to Whitewater. He was later pardoned by Bill Clinton in a controversial manner.As a land appraiser he admitted to conspiring with Jim McDougal… … Wikipedia
Jim McDougal — James B. (Jim) McDougal (August 25, 1940 – March 8, 1998), a native of White County, Arkansas, and his wife, Susan McDougal (the former Susan Carol Hendley), were financial partners with Bill Clinton and Hillary Rodham Clinton in the real estate… … Wikipedia
Joshua Steiner — is a founder and managing principal of New York City based private investment firm Quadrangle Group, which invests in media and communications companies in the United States and Europe. Prior to the formation of Quadrangle Group in March 2000, he … Wikipedia
Hillary Rodham Clinton — 67th United … Wikipedia