AIDAcara departing from Helsinki.
Career Name: AIDAcara Owner: AIDA Cruises Operator: AIDA Cruises Port of registry: Italy Builder: Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Finland) Cost: DM 300 million In service: June 1996 Refit: 2005 Identification: IMO number: 9112789
Call Sign IBNR
Status: In service General characteristics Tonnage: 38,531 gross register tons (GRT) Length: 634.2 ft (193.30 m) Beam: 90.5 ft (27.58 m) Draft: 20.3 ft (6.19 m) Decks: 11 total, 9 passenger Installed power: 2 diesel-electric (21,720kW) Speed: 20-knot (37 km/h; 23 mph) Capacity: 1,186 passengers Crew: 360 crew
AIDAcara was built for Deutsche Seetouristik/Arkona Reisen, and was launched in 1996 under the name Das Clubschiff. When P&O Cruises purchased a controlling stake in Arkona Reisen, they transferred the ship out, operating her under the name Aida. The vessel became part of the new AIDA Cruises fleet, and was named AIDAcara after two of its sister ships entered operation, AIDAvita and AIDAaura.
In 2005, the vessel underwent refits, which increased the number of cabins.
- ^ a b c d e f g h Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- ^ United States Coast Guard (USCG). "AIDAcara". Port State Information Exchange. U.S. Department of Homeland Security. http://psix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIXDetails.aspx?VesselID=441211.
- ^ a b "AIDAcara (IMO: 9112789)". vesseltracker.com. http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Aidacara-9112789.html. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- ^ a b "AIDAcara". Simplon Postcards. http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/AidaPCs.html. Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- Official AIDAcara website (German)
- Germanischer Lloyd (2010). "MV AIDAcara ". Register Online. Hamburg: Germanischer Lloyd. http://www.gl-group.com/register/index.jsp?STyp=204&RegNo=90705. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- Cruise Critic Review
- Ship Parade Review
- Data from XVAS
- Current Position
- Current Position
- Deck Plans
- Ministry of Transport (2010). "AIDAcara". Equasis. Government of France. http://www.equasis.org/EquasisWeb/restricted/ShipList?fs=ShipSearch&P_PAGE=1&P_IMO=9112789. Retrieved 2010-08-31. (Free registration required.)
AIDAcara in Kiel Canal
AIDA Cruises fleet Current ships Future shipsAIDAmar (2012) · TBA (2013) · TBA (2015) · TBA (2016)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.