List of psychological research methods
- List of psychological research methods
A wide range of research methods are used in psychology.
Most methods gather either qualitative data, quantitative data or both. Here are the main research methods:
* Laboratory experiment
* Field experiment
* Quasi experiment
* Observation, can be naturalistic, participant or controlled.
* Case study
* Interview, can be structured or unstructured.
* Statistical survey
* Prospective study, in which a study samples subjects as the experiment progresses. Cf. Retrospective study.
* Retrospective study, in which data is collected on subjects' histories at one time. Cf. Prospective study.
* Longitudinal study, in which subjects are studied over a course of time. Cf. Cross-sectional study.
* Cross-sectional study, in which a snapshot of the population is assumed to represent individuals as they progress through life. See also Longitudinal study.
* Meta analysis
* Content analysis
* Stangor, Charles. (2007). "Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences". 3rd ed. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Company.
* [http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Research_methods Research methods at The Psychology Wiki]
Look at other dictionaries:
Research — This article is about the search for knowledge. For the suburb of Melbourne, Australia, see Research, Victoria. For the Wikipedia policy, see Wikipedia:Original research. For information on using Wikipedia for research, see Wikipedia:Researching… … Wikipedia
List of psychology topics — This page aims to list all topics related to psychology. This is so that those interested in the subject can monitor changes to the pages by clicking on Related changes in the sidebar. It is also to see the gaps in Wikipedia s coverage of the… … Wikipedia
List of psychology journals — This list presents a selection of journals in the field of psychology and its branches.External links* [http://psych.hanover.edu/Krantz/journal.html Electronic Journals and Periodicals in Psychology and Related Fields] * The DOAJ [http://www.doaj … Wikipedia
List of statistics topics — Please add any Wikipedia articles related to statistics that are not already on this list.The Related changes link in the margin of this page (below search) leads to a list of the most recent changes to the articles listed below. To see the most… … Wikipedia
List of master's degrees in North America — This list refers to specific masters degrees in North America. Please see master s degree for a more general overview. Contents 1 Master of Accountancy (MAcc or MAcy) or Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA) or Master of Professional… … Wikipedia
List of effects — This is a list of names for observable phenonema that contain the word effect, amplified by reference(s) to their respective fields of study. #*3D audio effect (audio effects)A*Accelerator effect (economics) *Accordion effect (physics) (waves)… … Wikipedia
List of important publications in sociology — Foundations The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism *Max Weber * Die protestantische Ethik und der Geist des Kapitalismus , 1904 * [http://www.ne.jp/asahi/moriyuki/abukuma/weber/world/ethic/pro eth frame.html Online version] Description … Wikipedia
List of Guggenheim Fellowships awarded in 2003 — U.S. and Canadian Fellows= * Gerard Aching, Associate Professor of Spanish and Portuguese and Director of Graduate Studies, New York University: Black socialist thought and literature in the Caribbean, 1925 1945. * Diane Ackerman, Writer, Ithaca … Wikipedia
List of studies on Neuro-linguistic programming — (NLP) summarizes the many studies that have been performed relevant to NLP, since the early 1980s. These tend to be of three types: studies, metastudies, and research in related fields (notably cognitive science and neuroscience). A fourth kind… … Wikipedia
Methods used to study memory — The study of memory incorporates research methodologies from neuropsychology, human development and dragon testing using a wide range of species. The complex phenomenon of memory is explored by combining evidence from many areas of research. New… … Wikipedia