- Miss XV
Miss XV Genre Teen drama, Comedy-drama Musical Format Television series Starring Paulina Goto
Country of origin Mexico Language(s) Spanish No. of seasons 2 No. of episodes 200 Production Executive producer(s) Pedro Damián Location(s) Mexico City, Mexico Production company(s) Nickelodeon Latin America
Broadcast Original channel Nickelodeon Latin America
External links Website
Miss XV (previously known as Miss XV: Sueña Princesa) is an original upcoming Mexican tween musical television series inspired by the 1987 telenovela Quinceanera. It will be produced by Pedro Damián for Nickelodeon Latin America and Canal 5.
Pre-Production and Background
Miss XV is an original television series inspired by the 1987 telenovela Quinceanera, starring Thalía and Adela Noriega. The project was first announced in late 2010.It will be produced by Pedro Damián. Filming began on October 12, 2011; the first episodes are expected to air in early March 2012. The series is expected to have two seasons, with 120 episodes for season one and 80 for season two.
Original Cast and Recasting
In 2010, Miss XV (previously called Miss XV: Sueña Princesa) was announced as the latest television production from producer Pedro Damián as a collaboration for Canal 5, and Nickelodeon Latin America. Mexican actresses Danna Paola, Natasha Dupeyrón, and Renata Notni were all cast as leads for the telenovela. A trailer for the telenovela featuring all three actresses was released in late 2010. Mexican actor Eddy Vilard was previously attached to the project for a lead role alongside Mexican actress Danna Paola.
By the beginning of 2011, Miss XV was cancelled before production began for unknown reasons. However, in June 2011, the series was reformatted and recast. Most of the original actors previously attached to the project were dropped and their roles were recast. Casting was conducted in Mexico City during June and July 2011. Dupeyrón's role was not recast and she remained an original cast member. Mexican actresses Danna Paola and Renata Notni were both dropped from the project. Danna stated that she was no longer interested and wished to work on her solo album. Mexican actress and singer Paulina Goto, best known for her role in Damián's 2010 telenovla, Niña de mi Corazón, was cast as the lead, replacing Danna Paola. Eiza González auditioned for one of two lead roles. Gonzalez was considered for a part, but was later told that she lost the role because producers felt she was too old. Argentine singer and actress, Brenda Asnicar also auditioned for a role, but did not receive a part.
In August 2011, casting finished and the first five cast members were confirmed. Pedro Damián revealed that producers were looking to cast third actress as the female antagonist "La Black Princess". In mid-August 2011, Argentine television hostess and model, Macarena Achaga, was confirmed as the "La Black Princess". Miss XV is Achaga's television debut.
Actor Role Paulina Goto Valentina (lead female protagonist) Eleazar Gómez Alexis (lead male protagonist) Natasha Dupeyrón Nathalia (Valentina's best friend) Macarena Achaga Leonora (antagonist) Jack Durate Eddy Yago Muñoz Nico Raquel Garza Catalina (Valentina's mother) Fernanda Malo "Fuzz" Lula Reynaldo Rossano Verónica Jaspeado Gaby Platas Ignacio Casano Beatriz Moreno Nicole Faure Antonio de Carlo José Eduardo Derbez
Musical Group: Eme 15
Eme 15 is a band composed of the six main characters of the series, Miss XV. The members are Paulina Goto, Elezar Gómez, Natasha Dupeyrón, Macarena Achaga, Yago Muñoz, and Jack Duarte. The band will sing songs presented on the show. The band's debut performance was at Mexico's Kids Choice Awards on September 3, 2011 in Mexico City. They performed their first single, Wonderland.
- ^ http://www.elmundodepozarica.com.mx/escena/31939-miss-xv-inicia-grabaciones-en-octubre
- ^ http://www2.esmas.com/entretenimiento/telenovelas/347108/la-euforia-miss-xv-comenzado-pedro-damian
- ^ http://www2.esmas.com/entretenimiento/telenovelas/196152/sinopsis-miss-xv
- ^ http://www.15fest.com/entretenimiento/renata-notni-una-quinceanera-atrevida-pero-muy-divertida
- ^ http://blog.univision.com/novelas-y-series/2010/09/29/danna-paola-y-eddy-vilard-protagonistas-de-telenovela-miss-xv/
- ^ http://www.elmanana.com.mx/notas.asp?id=203471
- ^ http://blog.univision.com/novelas-y-series/2010/10/28/cancelan-la-telenovela-miss-xv%E2%80%A6-suena-princesa/
- ^ http://www.elmanana.com.mx/notas.asp?id=246875
- ^ http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=189069
- ^ http://losespectaculos.tv/blog1/2011/07/04/brenda-asnicar-realiza-casting-para-protagonizar-miss-xv/
- ^ http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=189298
- ^ http://www2.esmas.com/entretenimiento/telenovelas/319433/tendra-miss-xv-tres-protagonistas
- ^ http://www2.esmas.com/entretenimiento/usa/328631/canta-grupo-musical-miss-xv-m-15-importante-premiacion
- ^ http://novelalounge.com/nn/2011/08/03/pedro-damian-habla-de-miss-xv/
- ^ http://www.tvnotas.com.mx/2011/09/04/C-17485-m-15-el-nuevo-rbd-de-pedro-damian.php
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.