Infobox German Location
name = Radolfzell
image_coa = Radolfzell Wappen.png
regbzk = Freiburg
district = Konstanz
population = 30092
population_as_of = 2004-01-01
area = 58.58
elevation = 398
lat_deg = 47 | lat_min = 44 | lat_sec=0 | lat_hem = N
lon_deg = 8 | lon_min = 58 | lon_sec=0 | lon_hem = E
postal_code = 78301-78315
area_code = 07732
licence = KN
mayor = Jörg Schmidt
Partei = SPD
website = [http://www.radolfzell.de/ radolfzell.de]
Radolfzell am Bodensee is a
townin Germanyat the western end of Lake Constanceapproximately 18 km northwest of Konstanz. It is the third largest town, after Constance and Singen, in the district of Konstanz, in Baden-Württemberg.
Radolfzell is a well known health care city (Mettnau) and an important railroad junction. In 1990 Radolfzell was named the Federal Environment Capital City of Germany.
This town developed out of a monastery founded in 826 AD as a "cell" under Bishop Radolf of Verona. The town belonged to the Abbey of Reichenau, then to the house of Habsburg for a long time, and for 40 years was a Free Imperial City. In the center is the gothic Cathedral of our Dear Lady, dating from the 15th century and decorated in the baroque style in the 18th. One particularly beautiful feature is the Rosary altar by the Zürn brothers and the Master of the House's Altar (1750) which contains the relics of the local Radolfzell saints Theopont, Senesius and Zeno. The "Hausherrenfest" is celebrated in their honour every year on the third Sunday in July, and the day after the famous Water Procession is held, as it has been every year, since 1797. The citizens of the nearby village of Moos make a pilgrimage to Radolfzell in picturesquely decorated boats to fulfil an ancient oath. Also, there is the Austrian mansion in the marquet square, built in stages from the 17th to the 19th century, the knightly hall dating from 1626, and various historical patrician houses.
Radolfzell was the birthplace of the
cartographer Martin Waldseemüller's mother.
It is stated in  that Radolfzell was burnt down by the French on 20 April 1945.
 The Journey of the Liechtenstein Gallery from Vienna to Vaduz, Gustav Wilhelm, ed Johann Krathner, Prestel, 2005
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.