- Franklin C. Crow
name = Franklin C. Crow
image_width = 150px
University of Texas Ohio State University Xerox PARC
Interval Research NVIDIA
Franklin C. Crow or Frank Crow is a computer scientist who has made important contributions to
computer graphics, including some of the first practical anti-aliasingtechniques.
electrical engineeringat the University of Utahunder Ivan Sutherland, a pioneer in computer graphics.
He taught at the
University of Texasand Ohio State Universityand was involved with research at Xerox PARC, Apple Computer's Advanced Technology Group, and Interval Research.
As of 2001, he was a 3-D chip architect with
* "Parallel Computing for Graphics." "Advances in Computer Graphics", 1990:113-140.
* "Parallelism in rendering algorithms." in "Graphics Interface" 88, June 6-10, 1988, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. p.87-96
* "Advanced Image Synthesis - Anti-Aliasing." "Advances in Computer Graphics", 1985:419-440.
* "Advanced Image Synthesis - Surfaces." "Advances in Computer Graphics", 1985:457-467.
* "Computational Issues in Rendering Anti-Aliased Detail." "COMPCON", 1982:238-244.
* "Toward more complicated computer imagery." "Computers & Graphics", 5(2-4):61-69 (1980).
* "The Aliasing Problem in Computer-Generated Shaded Images." "Commun. ACM", 20(11):799-805 (1977).
University of Texas at Austin
* [http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/c/Crow:Franklin_C=.html Crow's groundbreaking papers]
* [http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ri-seminar/archives/2001.fall/2001.Sept.21.html Brief speaker biography]
NAME= Crow, Franklin C.
SHORT DESCRIPTION= Computer scientist
DATE OF BIRTH=
PLACE OF BIRTH=
DATE OF DEATH=
PLACE OF DEATH=
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.