Krishnology (also spelled Krishnaology) is an academic
neologism. It is a scholastic vehicle for placing theological discourseconcerning the Hindudeity Krishna, within the context of Vaishnava " Krishnaism". As a term, Krishnology differentiates itself from other Vaishnava theologies by centering its discourse on the Krishnain his original form and distinguishes itself from other Vaishnava theologies centered on Vishnu avataraother than Krishna.
History of scholarship
In 1952 Ragual Samuel Rahator published "Christology and Krishnology, a Critical Study," through
Northwestern University. [ [http://books.google.com/books?id=YsEcHAAACAAJ&dq=krishnology Christology and Krishnology, a Critical Study] Northwestern University] Guy Beck, a well published scholar on Hinduism, and on Krishnain particular, has published on the Krishnology of the Vaishnavasect known as the Radha-vallabha Sampradaya. Dr. Beck expounds upon this research in his book "Alternative Krishnas: Regional and Vernacular Variations on a Hindu Deity". Through this research he establishes the Krishnology of the Radhavallabha sampradaya. [ [http://books.google.com/books?id=0SJ73GHSCF8C&pg=PA65&dq=krishnology&sig=GdDJTEPMEXpawZjqX9Ho9x3ZSO4 Alternative Krishnas: Regional And Vernacular Variations On A Hindu Deity] SUNY Press] Tamala Krishna Gosvami(1946-2002), a Hindu studies scholar and Vaishnava guru, elaborated on this term during his research at the University of Cambridge. While a doctoral student, Tamala Krishna Gosvami studied under Dr. Julius J. Lipnerand devoted his time to researching the 'Krishnology' of ISKCON's founder. [ [http://www.iskcon.com/icj/9_1/obit.html Julius Lipner’s Obituary: Tamal Krishna Goswami] ICJ]
Within the academic study of Hinduism, Krishnology has been engaged by academic institutions such as the
Oxford Centre for Hindu Studiesand Bhaktivedanta College. [ [http://www.bhaktivedantacollege.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=83 Bhaktivedanta College] College Website]
List of scholars
Ravindra Svarupa Dasa
Satsvarupa dasa Goswami
Tamala Krishna Goswami
Hridayananda dasa Goswami
Bhakti Tirtha Swami
Kenneth R. Valpey
* [http://www.iskcon.com/icj/5_2/5_2weber.html "ISKCON from the Perspective of Diacritical Theology" by Edmund Weber]
* [http://www.iskcon.com/icj/7_1/71hdg.html "For Whom Does Hinduism Speak" by Hrdayananda Dasa Goswami]
* [http://www.iskcon.com/icj/7_1/71kkd.html "Reform in Tradition: Bhaktivinoda's Apologetic for the Bhagavata-Purana" by Krsna Ksetra Dasa]
* [http://www.iskcon.com/icj/4_1/satya_rsd.html "The Sampradaya of Sri Caitanya" by Steven Rosen and William Deadwyler III]
* [http://www.iskcon.com/icj/9_1/obit.html "Obituary: Tamal Krishna Goswami" by Dr. Julius J. Lipner]
* [http://www.goswami.com/Tamal_Krishna_Goswami/Books/books.html Books by Tamala Krishna Gosvami]
author = Ganguli, K.M.
year = 1896
title = Bhagavad-Gita ( [http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m06/m06025.htm XXV] - [http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m06/m06042.htm XLII] ). [http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/maha/index.htm The Mahabharata] , Book 6
publisher = Calcutta: Bharata Press
* cite book
author = Prabhupada, A.C.
year = 1988
title = [http://www.vedabase.org/sb/ Srimad-Bhagavatam]
publisher = Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
* cite web
title=Scholars with Expertise on the Hare Krishna Movement
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.