1) wire tackle for emptying the cod end of a trawl, stronger than gilson tackle
2) equipment to raise the flukes of an anchor to the gunwale. Also called fish block

Dictionary of ichthyology. 2009.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”