Fellifluous Fel*lif"lu*ous, a. [L. fellifuus; fel gall + fluere to flow.] Flowing with gall. [R.] --Johnson. [1913 Webster]

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English. 2000.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • fellifluous — fellifluous, a. (fɛˈlɪfluːəs) [f. late L. felliflu us (f. fel gall + fluĕre to flow) + ous.] Flowing with gall. 1656–81 in Blount Glossogr. 1721–1800 in Bailey. in Syd. Soc. Lex …   Useful english dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”