Calamistrate Cal`a*mis"trate (-m[i^]s"tr[=a]t), v. i. [L. calamistratus, curled with the curling iron, fr. calamistrum curling iron, fr. calamus a reed.] To curl or friz, as the hair. [Obs.] --Cotgrave.

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English. 2000.

Look at other dictionaries:

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”