Understroke Un`der*stroke", v. t. To underline or underscore. --Swift. [1913 Webster]

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English. 2000.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • understroke — I. | ̷ ̷ ̷ ̷| ̷ ̷ verb Etymology: under (I) + stroke transitive verb : underline, underscore intransitive verb …   Useful english dictionary

  • R rotunda — The r rotunda (, always lowercase) is an old letter variant. Between the Middle Ages and today, many ways of writing alphabetical characters were lost. Besides a variety of ligatures, conjoined letters, scribal abbreviations, swash characters,… …   Wikipedia

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”