Turnwrest Turn"wrest`, n. (a) Designating a cumbersome style of plow used in England, esp. in Kent. (b) designating a kind of hillside plow. [Eng.] --Knight. [1913 Webster]

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English. 2000.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • turnwrest — turn·wrest …   English syllables

  • turnwrest — …   Useful english dictionary

  • Plough — Plow redirects here. For the Canadian soldier, see Edward Chester Plow. Plowman redirects here. For the surname, see Plowman (surname). Furrow redirects here. For other uses, see Furrow (disambiguation). For other uses, see Plough… …   Wikipedia

  • turnwrist — I. adjective see turnwrest I II. noun see turnwrest II …   Useful english dictionary

  • turn-rice — turn rice, rise var. turnwrest …   Useful english dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”