Tambouring
Tambour Tam"bour, v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Tamboured}; p. pr. & vb. n. {Tambouring}.] To embroider on a tambour. [1913 Webster]

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English. 2000.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • tambouring — …   Useful english dictionary

  • Tambour — Tam bour, v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Tamboured}; p. pr. & vb. n. {Tambouring}.] To embroider on a tambour. [1913 Webster] …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • Tamboured — Tambour Tam bour, v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Tamboured}; p. pr. & vb. n. {Tambouring}.] To embroider on a tambour. [1913 Webster] …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • Dunkeld and Dowally —    DUNKELD and DOWALLY, a parish, in the county of Perth, 15 miles (N. by W.) from Perth, and 55 (N. N. W.) from Edinburgh; comprising the ancient city of Dunkeld, partly within the parish of Caputh; for many years the seat of the primacy of the… …   A Topographical dictionary of Scotland

  • Glasgow —    GLASGOW, a city, the seat of a university, and a sea port, having separate jurisdiction, locally in the Lower ward of the county of Lanark, and situated in longitude 4° 15 51 (W.), and latitude 55° 52 10 (N.), 23 miles (E. by S.) from Greenock …   A Topographical dictionary of Scotland

  • Hamilton —    HAMILTON, a parish, burgh, and market town, in the Middle ward of the county of Lanark, including the village of Fernigair, and containing 10,862 inhabitants, of whom 8876 are in the town, 11 miles (S. E. by E.) from Glasgow, and 38 (W. S. W.) …   A Topographical dictionary of Scotland

  • Irvine —    IRVINE, a parish, in the district of Cunninghame, county of Ayr, 26 miles (W. S. W.) from Glasgow, and 68½ (W. by S.) from Edinburgh; containing 5214 inhabitants, of whom 4594 are resident within the burgh of Irvine; exclusively of 3053 in the …   A Topographical dictionary of Scotland

  • Kinnaird —    1) KINNAIRD, a parish, in the county of Perth; containing, with the hamlets of Craigdallie, Flawcraig, Nethermains, and Pitmiddie, 458 inhabitants, of whom 90 are in the hamlet of Kinnaird, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Errol. The name is derived… …   A Topographical dictionary of Scotland

  • Renfrew —    RENFREW, a parish, burgh, and market town, in the Upper ward of the county of Renfrew, of which it is the capital; containing 3079 inhabitants, of whom 2027 are in the burgh, 3 miles (N. E. by N.) from Paisley, and 48 (W. by S.) from Edinburgh …   A Topographical dictionary of Scotland

  • Sanquhar —    SANQUHAR, a royal burgh and a parish, in the county of Dumfries, 12 miles (N. W.) from Thornhill, and 57 (S. W. by S.) from Edinburgh; containing, with the villages of Wanlockhead, and Crawickmill, and the hamlets of Crawickbridge and… …   A Topographical dictionary of Scotland

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”