Sheepfold Sheep"fold`, n. A fold or pen for sheep; a place where sheep are collected or confined. [1913 Webster]

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English. 2000.


Look at other dictionaries:

  • sheepfold — [shēpfōld΄] n. [ME < OE sceapa fald: see FOLD2] a pen or enclosure for sheep …   English World dictionary

  • sheepfold — UK [ˈʃiːpˌfəʊld] / US [ˈʃɪpˌfoʊld] noun [countable] Word forms sheepfold : singular sheepfold plural sheepfolds a sheep pen …   English dictionary

  • sheepfold — noun Date: before 12th century a pen or shelter for sheep …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • sheepfold — /sheep fohld /, n. Chiefly Brit. an enclosure for sheep. [bef. 1000; ME; OE sceapa falda. See SHEEP, FOLD2] * * * …   Universalium

  • sheepfold — noun /ˈʃiːpfəʊld/ An enclosure for keeping sheep …   Wiktionary

  • sheepfold — sheep|fold [ ʃip,fould ] noun count an area of land surrounded by a fence in which sheep are kept …   Usage of the words and phrases in modern English

  • sheepfold — n. enclosed area in which sheep are kept …   English contemporary dictionary

  • sheepfold — noun a pen for sheep …   English new terms dictionary

  • sheepfold — n. Sheepcot, sheep pen …   New dictionary of synonyms

  • sheepfold — noun (C) an area of land with a fence or wall around it, used for keeping sheep in …   Longman dictionary of contemporary English

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”