Multigraph Mul"ti*graph, n. [Multi- + -graph.] A combined rotary type-setting and printing machine for office use. The type is transferred semi-automatically by means of keys from a type-supply drum to a printing drum. The printing may be done by means of an inked ribbon to print ``typewritten'' letters, or directly from inked type or a stereotype plate, as in a printing press. [Webster 1913 Suppl.]

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English. 2000.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Multĭgraph — (lat. griech., »Vielschreiber«), s. Hektograph …   Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon

  • Multigraph — Multigraph, s. Hektograph …   Lexikon der gesamten Technik

  • Multigraph — Pseudograph redirects here. It is not to be confused with Pseudepigraph. This article is about the mathematical concept. For other uses, see Multigraph (disambiguation). A multigraph with multiple edges (red) and several loops (blue). Not all… …   Wikipedia

  • multigraph — ˈməltə̇ˌgraf, rȧf transitive verb : to print on a Multigraph machine …   Useful english dictionary

  • Multigraph — Ein Graph besteht in der Graphentheorie anschaulich aus einer Menge von Punkten, zwischen denen Linien verlaufen. Die Punkte nennt man Knoten oder Ecken, die Linien nennt man meist Kanten, manchmal auch Bögen. Auf die Form der Knoten und Kanten… …   Deutsch Wikipedia

  • Multigraph — /mul ti graf , grahf / 1. Trademark. a brand name for a rotary typesetting and printing machine, commonly used in making many copies of written matter. v.t., v.i. 2. (l.c.) to print with such a machine. * * * …   Universalium

  • multigraph — noun a) A set (whose elements are called or ), taken together with a multiset , each of whose elements (called an or ) is a cardinality two multisubset of . b) A set (as before), taken together with a multiset , each of whose elements is a… …   Wiktionary

  • Multigraph — Mul·ti·graph …   English syllables

  • multigraph — mul·ti·graph …   English syllables

  • Multigraph — trademark used for a machine consisting essentially of a cylinder with grooves into which type or electrotypes are inserted …   Useful english dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”